Project Ideas for the Future
Some ideas that have been proposed, but we lack the people-power
to get them done, so they have been put off for another time are listed here.
- Encouraging employer incentives for non-motorized commuting
- Recognizing bicycle and pedestrian freindly employers
- Getting Purdue's Health Promotions on Board with Bicycling
- Briging LAB's safe bicycling classes to the community
- Strongly encouraging the provision of bicycle parking by retail businesses
- Lobbying Purdue University to provide more covered bicycle parking on campus and at the Research Park
Submit your ideas!
If you have an idea for a project for the Committee to consider, please send it by email to
Curt Ashendel at firstname.lastname@example.org, or attend a meeting of the
committee and bring up your proposal for discussion.
Are you interested in volunteering to do a project?
There are many reasons for volunteering. Some people do so from a sense of civic responsibility and wanting giving back someting to the
community. Others may be passionate about bicycling, walking or running and want to share their joy by enabling others to have that experience.
For some there may be a more tangible reward, such as Life Boy Scouts seeking the rank of Eagle Scout and needing to do a community service project.
There are many other reasons, but if you are interested in helping out, either come to the next meeting of the committee or contact
Curt Ashendel by email at email@example.com.